What is Gluten-Free Apple Cake? With so many people choosing to live a gluten-free lifestyle, sometimes finding the right desserts can be difficult. But with this delicious Gluten Free Apple Cake recipe, you will find that making your favorite sweet treat has never been easier! This delectable cake tastes amazing, is easy to make, and requires minimal ingredients – perfect for when you are in a rush in the morning breakfast or on a budget. Enjoy the flavor of tender apples mixed with cinnamon, cored, or top up with fat free cream cheese and layered into the moist gluten-free cake – an irresistible dessert everyone will love!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This Gluten Free Apple Cake is a perfect treat for anyone following a gluten-free diet. This moist, sweet, fragrant cake is packed with juicy apples, making it the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time – bake it when you’re ready for an amazing treat! Plus, it’s made with simple ingredients and is a great way to use any leftover apples in the kitchen. So, give this Gluten Free Apple Cake recipe a try and enjoy a delicious dessert that’s healthy for everyone!
Ingredients for the Cake
- 2 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- Three teaspoons of Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Six tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- Two large Eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup Milk of your choice (dairy free or non-dairy)
- Two teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Gluten-Free Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Butter and Sugar in a large bowl for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs one at a time, beating in between additions until fully incorporated into the batter.
- Add Milk and Vanilla Extract to the batter and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing just until all the dry ingredients are moistened, and no floury lumps remain.
- Fold in diced Apples by hand, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the Gluten Free Apple Cake comes out clean.
- Allow the Gluten Free Apple Cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan and serving.
What You’ll Need To Make Gluten-Free Apple Cake
- Gluten-free flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Butter or margarine
- Apples (any apple will do, but Granny Smith apples work best)
- Nuts (optional)
Steps For Making Gluten-Free Apple Cake
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter or margarine and set aside.
2. Mix the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the flour mixture to the batter and mix until combined.
5. Peel and core the apples, then cut them into thin slices or cubes. Add to the cake batter, stirring until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. If using nuts, sprinkle them over the top of the cake before baking.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
8. Let the Gluten Free Apple Cake cool completely before serving.
This Gluten Free Apple Cake makes a delicious dessert that everyone can enjoy. With apples, butter, and sugar combined into a moist cake, it will surely make anyone happy! Try this Gluten Free Apple Cake recipe today and find out why it’s a favorite among gluten-free eaters.
How to make whipped cream
Gluten-Free Apple Cake
Apples and Gluten-Free don’t have to mean sacrificing flavor! This Gluten-Free Apple Cake is light, fluffy, and delicious. With a creamy whipped cream topping, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan with butter and lightly dust it with Gluten-Free flour.
Whisk together 2 cups (240 g) of Gluten-Free all-purpose flour, one teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of sea salt in a large bowl. Mix 1 cup (230 g) melted butter, fresh apples, 2/3 cup (135 g) granulated sugar, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
In a food processor or blender, process three large apples until they are finely chopped. Add the apples to the wet ingredients in the bowl and mix everything. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
Pour the batter into the prepared 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the Gluten-Free Apple Cake.
While the Gluten-Free Apple Cake is baking, prepare the whipped cream topping by whisking together 1 cup (240 ml) of heavy cream, two tablespoons (30 g) granulated sugar, and ½ teaspoon vanilla ice cream extract until stiff peaks form.
Once the Gluten-Free Apple Cake has finished baking, let it cool completely before spooning the whipped cream topping over the cake and serving.
Tips from our Bakers
No Gluten Free Apple Cake is complete without some tips from our team of bakers!
Firstly, choose apples carefully for your Gluten Free Apple Cake. You want the apples to be firm and tart for a deliciously sweet taste. Delicious varieties include Granny Smiths, Braeburns, and Honeycrisps.
Mix the ingredients slowly but consistently when preparing your Gluten Free Apple Cake. Add a teaspoon of oil or melted butter to the mixture for extra moisture.
Once you’ve prepared your Gluten Free Apple Cake batter, it’s time to bake! Grease a baking tin and preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake for around 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For added texture and crunch, sprinkle some chopped walnuts on the Gluten Free Apple Cake before baking. The nuts will add a bit of sweetness while still keeping the Gluten Free Apple Cake deliciously moist.
For extra decoration, once Gluten Free Apple Cake has been cooked and cooled, sprinkle some powdered sugar.
And there you have it – your Gluten Free Apple Cake!
Storage & freezing Gluten Free Apple Cake
Once Gluten Free Apple Cake is completely cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The cake will keep for up to 5 days. If you plan on storing the Gluten Free Apple Cake for longer than that, it’s best to freeze it. To freeze Gluten Free apple pie Cake, wrap it tightly in several layers of plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw Gluten Free Apple Cake overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
Once your Gluten Free Apple Cake has been prepared, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you would like to store it longer, the best way is to wrap it tightly in plastic and freeze it for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw out overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature before serving.
Gluten-Free Apple Cake FAQs
What is Gluten Free Apple Cake?
Gluten-Free Apple Cake is a delicious and moist cake made with apples and almond flour instead of wheat or other gluten-containing flour. It has a rich, nutty flavor and provides a delicious alternative for those who cannot consume gluten-free flour blend-free foods.
What are the benefits of Gluten Free Apple Cake?
Gluten-Free Apple Cake is a healthier alternative to traditional wheat-based cakes. It contains fewer carbohydrates, is low in sugar, and provides essential vitamins and minerals such as fiber, magnesium, and potassium. Additionally, it is ideal for those who are intolerant or allergic to gluten.
How do I make Gluten Free Apple Cake?
Gluten-Free Apple Cake is incredibly easy to make. You need basic ingredients, including apples, almond flour, eggs, oil, and sugar. Combine these ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the batter is smooth. Then pour into a greased cake pan and bake at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes.
Is Gluten-Free Apple Cake suitable for people with celiac disease?
Gluten-Free best apple cake is a great option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Since it does not contain wheat, barley, rye, or other gluten-containing ingredients, those with celiac can safely use it.
I hope you have enjoyed learning how to make Gluten Free Apple Cake. The process may seem daunting initially, but following these simple steps will ensure you have a delicious cake that everyone can enjoy. Adjust the recipe according to the type of apples and sugar you use and adjust for desired sweetness. With this Gluten Free Apple Cake, you can bring joy to family gatherings or enjoy a delicious treat during the week.